Thursday, April 4, 2013

Corn Syrup Painting

Here is an amazing rainy day activity! Corn syrup painting. I cut three red dixie cups down to about half an inch, filled them will corn syrup and added food coloring. G then helped me use a fork to mix the food coloring all in. After that I set G up with paint brushes and let her go to town. Notice how she uses both sides of the paint brushes to paint with. I love how toddlers don't know "the rules" yet and there for often have creative out of the box ideas.



 

When I could tell G was losing interest in painting on the paper I decided to crank the activity up a notch. We were already sticky so I figured it was the perfect time to paint in the bath tub! We took our corn syrup cups and paintbrushes to the bathroom and stripped down to our diaper. She painted with the tools for the first 5 or so minutes and then realized she could put her whole hand in, after that it was no time at all before her belly had also been painted.









Now that G is 18 months we are working on having her help to clean up from an activity. I figure if I have to set it all up that she should at least participate in cleaning up! She imitated how I washed the brushes and how I used the rag to wipe down the walls. After that it was a quick clean up. Lose the diaper and put on new clothes.



No comments:

Post a Comment