Monday, April 22, 2013

Earth Day Flowers

For Earth Day we met up with some friends at one of our local parks and planted flowers!
The kids loved playing with their pot and the dirt. They loved scooping the dirt, the loved feeling the dirt, I have to be honest there may have even been a taste of the dirt.
When they were ready for planting I showed G how to fill the cup with dirt and push the seeds down into the dirt.

Hopefully soon we will have some marigolds growing! Of course G picked the "wewoo" yellow flowers. It is her favorite color. :)
Thoughtful. I would love to know what all is going on in that head of hers.
 Yes, notice that I am watching and my child has turned her back to me so I wont notice she is eating a stick. She will chew on anything right now as these eye teeth are coming through. Poor girl.

"Mama, quack quack!" When do you think I should tell her that those are geese not ducks? Oh well.

 She turned back to wave bye bye to the geese at least 5 times as we walked back over to the stroller to head home.

 What a great play date with friends, and the perfect way to celebrate our green world by being outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment