Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Park

Take time to slow down and go at their speed. So often we are rushing them along, running from one activity to the next or even trying to make it to play dates were what you play on is dictated by what all the other children are doing. Of course we have our fair share of these moments too, but I try to show up early so that G can have some time in charge. Time where G picks how fast we go and what we do. I am always amazed by the things she notices that I normally would just walk by.

 Plants emerging through the straw. Not only was the straw fun to squeeze but touching the plants was neat too!

What is under this giant rock? I guess it is kind  of odd that we put decorative cement in different places.

 A tiny bench made just for her! Ok really it's a border but I am pretty sure she thinks its a perfect seat. :)
 Swinging, a new favorite. She loves when I could to three and push her, she loves saying hi to everyone going by, she loves watching the leaves blow, she just loves to swing.

 Going on the early side to playgrounds often means they are not swarming with big kids yet, which is great. My adventurous child loves to try out the big kid area and I feel much safer about the whole thing when the big kid area is minus big kids! She had a great time climbing through tunnels and up stairs. I continued to work on relaxing and just making sure she didn't fall out any large openings too far up!


 It is amazing what they can really do, I mean sure, we help protect them when they don't think about the consequences of things, but really by 18 months G is pretty capable. We did enjoy a little time at the sand box but the exploring is still more of our thing.


 We enjoyed that our beautiful city provides public parks like this one. It is such a blessing to have a safe, clean, engaging place to go and explore.


No comments:

Post a Comment